INTELLECT Law Firm | Litigators and business lawyers all over Russia
- Support in bankruptcy proceedings
- Corporate Law
- Civil and arbitrazh litigation
2015 – Institute of Law and Business, Ural State Law University.
Sergey joined INTELLECT in 2014 as an intern. Upon graduation in 2015, he was promoted to the position of a junior associate and later to the position of an associate. In 2018, he passed the qualification exam for the status of an attorney for defence. Based on the results of his work in 2018, he was promoted to the position of a senior associate.
He is engaged in protecting the interests of creditors and debtors in bankruptcy cases and conducts corporate disputes.
Sergey Gulyaev's most notable courtroom accomplishments include:
- Protecting the interests of a debtor's counterparty in a separate dispute over invalidation of transactions in a bankruptcy case. If the transactions had been declared invalid, a sum exceeding 3 million rubles would have been recovered from the counterparty, which would have entailed its bankruptcy. As a result, the claims of the debtor's administrative receiver to invalidate the transactions were dismissed, and the counterparty retained its financial stability and continued its economic activity.
- Defending the interests of the former director of an organization in a case involving the recovery of losses totaling more than 1 million rubles. The new director applied for recovery of losses incurred by the organization from the former director. As a result, the claims of the new director were dismissed and the actions of the former director were found to be good-faith.
- Protecting the former director of a debtor company, which had been declared bankrupt and in respect of which bankruptcy proceedings had been instituted, from subsidiary liability in the amount of 2.7 million rubles. He succeeded in convincing the court that the fact of the debtor company having formal insolvency signs did not constitute sufficient grounds for that.