INTELLECT Law Firm | Litigators and business lawyers all over Russia
INTELLECT has "a very strong multi-office IP practice" headed by managing partner Evgeny Shestakov.
— The Legal 500 EMEA 2014-2019
- Copyright, patents, trade designations, and other IP rights
- Legal support for IT and hi-tech startups
- Regulation in the areas of information, competition and advertising
- Business and general civil law
- Arbitrazh and general jurisdiction litigation
- Representation of clients before the Russian patent office (Rospatent) and Federal Antimonopoly Service
- 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 – "Legal Business in USA. Law Firm Management": Training for Partners and Top Executives of Law Firms. Lincoln Law School of San Jose, California, USA.
- 2008 – Extension Course "Finance and Cash Management", San Jose State University, California, USA.
- 2007 – Extension Course "Effective management of legal service" University of Arizona, USA.
- 2000 – Ural State Law Academy.
Managing partner Evgeny Shestakov maintains a strong reputation in IP, with sources saying: «He knows everything there is to know about it». He also acts as a litigator on debt recovery and corporate disputes.
— Chambers Europe, 2017
Evgeny has been personally recommended by:
- Chambers Europe – General Business Law in Russia Regions (Band 1), 2014-2020.
- Legal 500 EMEA – in the intellectual property sector, 2014-2019.
- Best Lawyers – in Litigation and Intellectual Property Law, 2019-2020.
- Pravo.ru-300, Russia, as one of Russia's three best intellectual property lawyers selected by peer choice in 2018.
Managing partner Evgeny Shestakov is described by sources as "one of the leaders of the Russian regional market".
– Chambers Europe, 2018
As founder and head of the firm since 2000, Evgeny also leads its IP practice, taking care of its quickly expanding knowledge base and building a growing team of strong IP specialists.
An excellent courtroom practitioner, Evgeny has to his credit, among other accomplishments:
- successful representation of a client in one of Russia's first domain name cases in which his client's bad faith competitor lost the domain name and paid large damages;
- successful rescue of a client's business from a greenmail threat through illegally obtained IP in a landmark case featured in the bulletin of case law review published by the Presidium of the Russian Higher Arbitrazh Court;
- successful protection of the brand of KBE, one of the world's biggest window profile manufacturers, against counterfeit in a case in which the Russian court awarded damages in the largest amount permitted by the law, with the trespasser leaving the market and dissolving as a result; and
- successful opposition to parallel imports in one of Russia's first cases in this new area, which resulted in their judicial prohibition.
Considered by commentators to be "a very strong lawyer," he acts for international and large national clients in high-value disputes. He's very savvy and has a good combination of legal knowledge and commercial skills to understand what the client wants to accomplish in the business sense.