Criminal Law: Economic Crimes
No business, no matter how large it may be and no matter what industry it operates in, is immune from the claims of any government authorities, employees' bad faith, or the risk of criminal liability on charges of violations related to finance, taxes, failure to fulfill contractual obligations, etc.
In case of such problems arising, it is important to use the services of our lawyers available in Yekaterinburg, Moscow, and other cities where INTELLECT is present as soon as possible – as early as at the stage of a pre-investigation check, i.e. before the initiation of criminal proceedings. A professional having long-term experience of protecting the interests of entrepreneurs in criminal cases of economic or corruption nature will help you take the necessary measures which will lower the risks of being possibly charged with a criminal offense.
The qualified legal assistance provided by Dmitry Zagainov, an attorney-at-law who heads the practice of INTELLECT Law Firm dealing with the criminal-legal protection for business, has more than once been useful to entrepreneurs and businessmen who found themselves in a difficult situation. And if the owners or executives of companies seek the assistance of an attorney-at-law in a timely manner, it is often possible to avoid the initiation of criminal proceedings. There have only been four exceptions to this rule over the entire time of his legal practice since 1999.
The team of professionals working in the practice of criminal defense for business:
- protects the interests of the business during any on-site inspections conducted by regulatory authorities and during any police checks;
- assists entrepreneurs in any economic activity cases (illegal obtaining of a loan, tax problems, fictitious bankruptcy, corporate conflicts, and any other so-called "white-collar" crimes) at all stages of cooperation with law-enforcement agencies and in court;
- provides the services of an attorney-at-law to organize and conduct corporate investigations in the event of any of the company's interests being violated – when any employees or any other persons have committed illegal acts against the company.
Attorney-at-law services may be provided in combination with the legal services for any civil and administrative cases conducted by any of INTELLECT's other consulting practices.
- Legal support for on-site inspections
- Assistance in criminal cases of economic nature at the pre-trial investigation stage
- Protection of the interests of entrepreneurs in court
- Organization and conduct of corporate investigations
- Field audit legal services
- Representation of the interests of businessmen and official bodies in white collar crime cases
- Legal defence of business
- Organization and carrying out of corporate investigations