- Representing clients in arbitrazh proceedings related to IP.
- Corporate matters.
- Land and realty.
- Business and general civil law.
- 2009 – "Legal Business in USA. Law Firm Management": Training for Partners and Top Executives of Law Firms. Lincoln Law School of San Jose, California, USA.
- 1998-2000 – Magistracy of the Ural Branch of Russian School of Private Law in Yekaterinburg. He obtained the master of private law's degree.
- 1998 - Ural State Law Academy.
Roman, who joined INTELLECT-S in 2003, is an active courtroom practitioner. According to Russia's law database ConsultanPuls, Roman Rechkin has tried about a hundred cases that went up as far as cassation review. Over his career that began in 1998, he handled hundreds of cases in arbitrazh courts in the Urals, Siberia and Moscow. Roman uniquely combines a number of legal competencies: a solid courtroom background of successful trials, appeals and reviews, and extensive knowledge resulting from years of practice in the areas universally considered especially complex and intellectually challenging, such as tax, corporate, IP and real property disputes.
Many of Roman's cases created new precedents or became landmarks in case law including its long established areas.
In 2017 and 2018 Roman was listed in Best Lawyers in Russia ranking.
In 2018 Roman Rechkin was recommended in Chambers Europe, Dispute Resolution: Domestic Mid-Market — Russia.
Roman's advisory and courtroom accomplishments include:
- successful out of court representation of a large distributor of office supplies in a tax dispute over a considerable unfounded tax assessment, with the tax inspectorate dropping its claims in the end;
- successful defense of a company against its member holding a controlling 74% stake, who eventually lost control and the power to direct the company's management after a series of court actions;
- skilful representation of a withdrawing member from a limited liability company which attempted to strip its real assets to avoid the distribution to the withdrawing member. Roman prevented the asset stripping by timely obtaining a court injunction order, and successfully repelled the company's attempts to have the injunction stayed and to oppose the public sale of the assets, with the company eventually paying off the withdrawing member;
- currently representing a large developer in defense against banks' threats to repossess the client's assets, which can wreck the client's business. The ongoing litigation have kept the creditor banks at bay for over a year and a half while the client has continued its business, paying its debts one by one.